COMPLETED: Maintenance of all bwCloud operating sites on Thursday 15.04.2021
[UPDATE 15.04.2021, 17:30]
The maintenance has been successfully completed and users can log in to bwCloud again. All bwCloud systems have been updated and restarted.
On Thursday 15.04.2021 all bwCloud operating sites (Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Freiburg and Ulm) will be maintained. Temporarily affected are therefore all users of the bwCloud infrastructure.
Q: What exactly is being done?
A "complete maintenance" of the operating sites is planned, i.e.
- the operating systems of the nodes will be brought up to date,
- new software packages will be installed and the
- servers will be restarted.
No user data is lost or deleted during this maintenance. There will only be a short time window during which a) no login via dashboard to the bwCloud environment is possible and b) the instances are shut down.
Q: Are running instances / virtual machines affected?
Yes: All instances running in the bwCloud are shut down in a controlled manner shortly before maintenance (if not already done). In this way a data loss is avoided.
For sensitive instances / virtual machines we recommend all users to make a backup of the data.
Q: Do the instances get new / other IDs / addresses?
NO: After the restart the instances get exactly the same parameters assigned as before: same IP address(es), same UUID, same hostname. Nothing changes here.
The measures in detail
- All running instances are shut down
- The compute nodes are patched and the operating system is updated
- The API nodes are patched and the operating system is brought up to date
- All servers and services are restarted
Please note: The instances will not automatically reboot. Users have to log in after the maintenance is finished and start the desired instances manually.
Q: Who is affected?
All users are temporarily unable to log in via dashboard
Q: How long does it take?
We plan to carry out and complete the measures within the day. We recommend a regular visit to our website, where we will report on our progress.
Q: Where can I get status information?
We offer several sources of information about minor maintenance:
- First source for status information is our website: Check regularly under Quicklink
- As soon as the maintenance has been carried out and completed, this will also be posted here on our website